Monday, April 18, 2005

 

Waiting for you


Oh it's a sweet torture, she seems to put me through
I told her I would be here, around a quarter to
By now you'd think there'd be no shock, no element of surprise
To find her in the bathroom, applying makeup to her eyes

She's still a little wet, from the shower she just took
So I guess I'll take a seat and flip right through her newest book
"100 things a lady should know, about what makes the perfect date"
I don't care much for that stuff, but I know reservations were for eight

It's like she's testing me, on what it takes to lose my cool
Well I'm not going to play her game and start acting like a fool
My screaming and my yelling, wouldn't get us anywhere
Especially, when she couldn't hear me, over the blow-drying of her hair

I hope it's true, what's been said, so very long ago
That good things come, to those who wait
And if you don't stop moving so lackadazilly slow
I'm going to miss out on the best prime rib, that this boy's ever ate

Oh now what, there's no shoes, to match that pretty dress?
There must be 60 pairs, lying in that heaping mess
High heels or open toe, come on honey honestly
You've seen the way I dress, so why even bother asking me

So back to the bathroom she goes, for what appears to be round two
There's only five minutes left, and I'm running out of things to say and do
And right about that time, I think she's got me all but spent
Out of the bathroom comes an angel, who must be heaven sent

And in an instant she's forgiven, when she starts walking my way
I get up off my seat, and try to think of something nice to say
But before I can speak a word, she beats me to the punch
"Thanks for waiting for me handsome, my big ole honey bunch"

And now I know it's true, what's been said so very long ago
That good things, do come, to those who wait
And if you don't mind missing the previews, to a simple picture show
You'll have that angel beside, for every single date

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?