Friday, April 21, 2006

 

Draft #87


Freestyle Friday (anything goes)

-"The NBA has rebounded from its post-Michael Jordan blahs to become a dynamic, diverse, highly entertaining and unpredictable entity. If you are still among the many sports fans who claim the NBA is boring and unwatchable, you are either very boring yourself or you haven't been watching."

This statement was written by Dan Wetzel of Yahoo Sports, and I know of a handfull of people that would vehemently dispute his view of the NBA. Bold prediction- Bucks will win one game against the Pistons.

-John- the people around here want Brady Clark's head on a platter, I'm trying my best to hold off the masses, but they are really fired up. This isn't looking good.

-Did you know that Winnie Cooper and Becky Slater from the Wonder Years are sisters in real life? I guess Becky works for a law firm now, how scary is that?

-I've got the song "Smokey Mountain Rain" by Ronnie Milsap stuck in my head and I can't get it out. And the weirdest part, is that I don't mind it at all.

-I had a cheeseburger last night from a bar/restaurant called Wong's. Or was it Wang's? Either way it had cheddar on it, and it was tasty. After the burger, Stackhouse and I were whisked away to Miller Park in a large van driven by a real live Mexican who prefers to drive aggressively as opposed to cautiously. Having been in the service industry a few years myself, and I never had a go-to strategy for procuring a tip, but the authentic Mexican did and I can't believe I never thought of it. After providing the service, he merely turned around to the passengers and held out his hand, as if to say, that's where the money goes. Pure genious.

-If you've never seen Ben or Nate Filzen sing karaoke, you are definitely missing out on something. Something that could change your life significantly.

-Do you ever get the feeling that one of your hips is degenerative? Or that you're destined for kidney failure?

-If Steve Nash wins the MVP again this season, I will spit on the first Canadian I see. This season, the only way to spell MVP is K-o-b-e.

-Smokey Mountain rain keeps on fallin', I keep on callin'.....her name........(there you go again Ronnie)

-Someone in our office has a stash of candy in their cubicle with a money jar next to it, presumably for their kid's fundraiser. Rumor has it, one of the old guys in our department is stealing from the candy stash (he's not stealing money from the jar, just stealing the candy bars, not that I'm trying to rationalize his behavior). How low can you go? Somewhere out there this summer, there's going to be a kid running around the old ball diamond without stirups and that's just a damn shame.

-T-shirt slogan- "I AM the man from Nantuckett" and "I reside on the south side" (includes photo of stick figure with empty pockets hanging out the side)

-Nate- you still going out with your mom tonight?

-Haus and I will be going to the Brewer game tomorrow and Miller Park will be featuring one dollar hot dogs. What would you set the over/under at?

-Drinking expired milk is almost never a good idea.

-In case you missed it, last week Nate Filzen vomited out the window of a moving vehicle. And I was there to laugh.

-Caramel has no business being anywhere near a Reece's Peanut Butter Cup, let alone the inside of one.

Comments:
I am glad I can bring so much joy to your life. As Ben described my drinking habits from last Saturday, he said, "It looked like you had something to prove." I have no explaination for this behavior except that Captain is not good to me.

I have heard that if you give the Karaoke guy $5 every time you request a song, he will put on your song right away, AND pretend that you are a good singer. Coincidently, I also heard that doing that for a few songs, and buying round after round at 5 different bars is a good way to spend $185 in Menomonee Falls and Germantown, two places where you could probably live for 2 weeks on that amount. And, I did pay for Ben's car to be washed the next day. Nothing like showing up to Easter Sunday mass with a nice orangeish vomit stain on the side of your car.

Yes, I am still going to Lucille's with my mom tonight. You interested in going?
 
Nate, you forgot about the part where you fell down some stairs and scraped your elbow bloody. That was also funny.
 
Yeah, there are about 4 cuts in my elbos, there was blood in Ben's car and on my pants. I also forgot the part about trying to bring home dirty bar trash for you and my brother at bar time when I could barely speak.

Also, how I gave Ben the completely wrong directions from Trysting Place (which I don't even remember being at) to Barley Pop. It was an advernterous night, that's for sure. Both of you must have looked completely stone cold sober compared to me.

So yeah, it was good times all around.
 
Lets make it a baker's dozen for the hotdogs.

Go get 'em tiger.
 
Obviously Dan Wetzel of Yahoo Sports likes to take it in the moon...............the NBA is almost as unwatchable as any soccer game that has ever been played. How many dogs between the two of you?
 
Brady Clark for president. If anyone should be run out of town it's that no talent asshole Geoff Jenkins.
 
Give em Corey Koskie too, that guy gives a whole new definition to the term boring.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?