Friday, June 23, 2006

 

Draft #118


Freestyle Fridays (And I've got nothing)

Usually during the week I have a handful of topics I put in the old memory bank to be discussed on Fridays, but this week, I've got nothing.

-If I was an American Gladiator, my stage name would be Proton (a stable, positively charged subatomic particle in the baryon family having a mass 1,836 times that of the electron). And I would have to request that I never be allowed to participate in the one-on-one football event because as you all know, I have below average tackling skills.

-I think it's high time we all had some fun with the three-man slingshot again, it's been awhile.

-Speaking of it's been awhile, when's the last time anybody's ran through a sprinkler? Why is this just considered a children's activity? Why can't a forty-year-old man in swimming trunks, without kids present, run through a sprinkler on his front lawn without society casting labels on him? Why?

-Is Vin DiGiorgio alive? I'm officially sending out an SOS.

-Please mark your calendars for Wednesday, June 28th. And no, I'm not referring to the opening of Superman, I'm referring to the NBA Draft-where dreams are both born and put to rest. I am very much looking forward to this date and if anyone would like to join me in watching the draft, please RVSP ASAP. This draft seems very wide open this year, and anything could happen. What will the Raptors do with the #1 pick? How far will Rudy Gay slip? Will Jordan single handedly ruin the Bobcats by drafting Kwame Brown's little brother Twunya, a virtually unknown YMCA superstar? The Bucks are dangling Magloire and Mo Williams out there as trade bait, will there be any takers? How big has Morrison's mustache gotten since we've last seen him in March? Will Novak sneak his way into the lottery? Could Josh Boone get any ugglier? To those of you considering watching, I will be supplying chips and dip to enhance your viewing experience.

-How fun would it be to pitch against a little league team as a quasi-grown up 24-year-old? If you don't think I would get an absolute buzz off of mowing through a lineup of shaky-knee'd 12-year-olds using nothing but straight heat and intimidation, then you are dead wrong. And don't forget, in little league, pitchers get to bat.

-What do you think the after party was like for the game in which Rudy finally got to suit up for the Notre Dame Fighting Irish? I bet he found himself in a 8-way Irish orgy before the night was through with all of his teammates watching and chanting Rudy! Rudy! Rudy! Or........he took his parents out for ice cream or something like that. Either way, I bet it was pretty wild.

-Since when do Happy Meals not come in a box anymore? The box was 63% of the allure of a Happy Meal. Whoever decided to go with a paper bag is an idiot, and you can put that in writing.

-In fourth grade, I punched a kid in the stomach in the bathroom. He was a third grader, but he was messing with one of the guys from my crew, so I had to step up.

-Rumor has it, that Haus laced em up for a substitute appearance for a Tuesday night church softball league. I need details.

Well, I guess this was an abbreviated addition of Freestyle Friday, if you'd like more of me (and honestly who doesn't), feel free to make comments, I'll be here for two hours to answer all of your silly questions. For which I anticipate, there will be zero.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?