Monday, July 17, 2006

 

Draft #125


Weekend Review

Friday: I spent $7 at Wendy's for supper. Five of the six items I purchased were from the 99 cent menu. I ate 2 crispy chicken sandwiches, a junior bacon cheeseburger, 2 five-piece chicken nuggets, and a Biggie fry. I basically decided to eat that much food to see if I still "had it". And while I managed to wolf everything in one sitting, I did feel like crap afterwards. Definitely could have done without the fries.

After a good hour of recovery on the couch, Haus stopped by and the two of us headed over to the Nygaard's for a night of bags and beer. For those of you who haven't heard of beer, it can be best described as the greatest thing ever (no it ain't), well at least the greatest thing a person can put in their mouth (no way). Ok, so it's the best thing you can put in your mouth that won't talk back to you (well technically?), assuming you don't get over-served, then beer CAN talk back I guess.

You've all heard of beer, it's the bags I should be describing further for those of who may not be in the know. I'd love to give you the long version, but I won't. It basically boils down to a game of horseshoes: just substitute the horseshoes with hand-sized beanbags and replace the spikes that the horseshoes would normally land on, with a slanted board that has a hole in it. I'm not sure how big the hole in the board has to be, but if you can stick your head through it, it may be too big.

Thanks to a clever lighting scheme, we were able to play bags in the Nygaard's backyard until eleven something o'clock. Afterwards, we sat in a circle and discussed certain topics like standup comedy and constellations. We then closed the night out at Filzen's apartment where he grilled us some delicious ham rollups and chicken quesadillas. And by the way, I'm never eating another microwaved quesadilla again, strictly grilled from here on out. Apparently I've been living the life of a jackass, I mean come on, microwaved quesadillas? Thanks for bringing me into the light Nate. And speaking of bringing me into the light, Nate also introduced us all to an alcoholic beverage that may be in the fold for many summers to come. The next day it was given its proper name of Blue Lagoon and alls you need to make it, is a blender, ice, vodka, and blue raspberry Kool-Aid. And dare I say, it's a mighty fine drink. I called it quits for the night at around 2:30am while Haus, Nate, and Chris kept'r going until 5am, or so I'm told.

Saturday: After shaking some of the crust off, it was time to get ourselves primed for another day of drinking. The six of us from the previous night plus Vin got back on the horse around noon at my folk's place on Silver Lake. We started the day off with a game of whiffle ball in the shallow water near the pier, and after that, things got a little foggy. Between the Blue Lagoon's, the plethora of beer, the sun, and the lack of a female presence, the day ended with three waterlogged cell phones, a bloody eye, a bloody forehead, and a funhouse that looked like it got raped, beaten, and then raped again for good measure. I'm pretty sure Filzen nearly killed himself on three different occasions, but like I said, it was a long day. And like Bob Madden (Milwaukee radio personality) once said, "When gearing up for a day at the lake, you're better off just throwing your cell phone in the water right away. You know it's going to end up there, so you might as well get it over with so you're not worrying about it later, spending numerous hours wondering what happened to it."

Sunday: Hangover.

Comments:
Was I the owner of the bloody forehead as well as the bloody eye, or was it just my eye? I completely agree with Madden and now that I have experienced such things will leave my phone in the fun house from now on and only make calls which are absolutely necessary.

When are we doing it again?
 
Tim bumped his head on the corner of the picnic table and he was left with a nice cut.

We should do this again ASAP.

FYI: According to Wendy's nutrition calculator I ate over a 100 grams of fat and over 2,000 calories in that meal. Sorry arteries, my bad.
 
Well if I keep it up, I will qualify for the 2008 Glutton Bowl.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?