Tuesday, July 25, 2006

 

Filling up the dance cart


I can't think of anything to write, so today I decided to write out my itinerary for the next month or so. Some of the items on the specified weekends are things I'm actually doing, while others are things I'd like to do, given I can convince others to join in.

July 28-30:

Bradford Beach Jam- Friday & Saturday. A sports and music festival. Sports include: BMX, dodgeball, rugby, soccer, skateboarding, volleyball, windsurfing. I've never even heard of this festival, but it sounds like something to do. Plus, I hear there will be a brat eating contest at 6pm on Saturday.

German Fest: You'd have to be stupid to pay $6 for an authentic German pretzel the size of your head, but I'm just curious and slow enough, to try.

Brewers vs. Reds- I will be attending Sunday's game, but I'd be interested in Saturday night as well. Saturday there will be a 5k run in the morning at 9am (the entry fee usually gets you a shirt and a ticket for that night's game, and a brat).

Symphony on the Square- noon-1pm @ Cathedral Square Park. They will be playing movie themes, ragtime hits, and patriotic favorites all courtesy of the Milwaukee Brass Quintet.

Washington County Fair- gag me.

August 4-6:

River Flicks- Friday night, 7pm @ Pere Marquette Park. Playing Indiana Jones & the Temple of Doom. Free movie in the city, fill up the picnic basket and let's get loaded.

Jason Staral's getting married: All day Saturday, I'm booked.

Wisconsin State Fair begins this weekend.

August 11-13:

This weekend would be my best chance to visit the Wisconsin State Fair for the first time in my life. I've never had a giant cream puff or a deep-fried Snickers bar before, so hopefully this is my year. Finbar McCarthy will be on the Slim McGinn's Irish Pub stage from 8-11pm on Saturday night. Hopefully some of y'all will want to take advantage of my close proximity to the fairgrounds and enjoy a night of drunken good fun.

August 18-20:

Brewers vs. Astros- Friday @ 7pm. I've never been in the Miller Lite Beer Pen for a Friday night game before, and this would be the only opportunity in August to do it. Tickets would have to be purchased way in advance for this to happen (if some are still available). Let me know if you are interested.

Brewery Tours- I will be accompanying Nate Filzen and his pungent workforce on that Saturday for a day of fun on the river. I'm assuming the night will conclude at a bar somewhere downtown and then eventually in a gutter.

August 25-27:

The 2006 Paradise Mobil Fantasy Football Draft, live from Chicago. I'm assuming this event would span the entire weekend so I won't bother researching alternative activities.

Comments:
I'll do the Sausage Run on Saturday if you're up for it? We might be able to talk Creola out of working to do it as well. Might want to think about going to BP before the game that night..............imagine the towering ground balls Tony Graffanino will be hitting in the hole between first and second, quite the fireworks show!
 
Graffanino- the greatness is in the name.
 
Yeah, so it's dance card, not dance cart.

Second, the night of the floating brewery tour may actually take us to Madison as one of my old roomates is having a house warming party, so keep flexible for that.

Third, unfortunately for the city of Chicago, Spike Stoltz is getting married on Saturday, Aug 26th, which I just found out two days ago (kind of a quick wedding since she is preggers), and will be attending that. I will be able to attend the draft on Sunday via telephone, though.

I know, I know, I suck. I'm sorry
 
I like that Philly so kindly pointed out that it isn't a "wedding," it is a "shotgun wedding." I'm going to miss Jorge Deeeeeeeeeeee Laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa Roooooooooooooooooooooosaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.
 
Yeah, so it's suck me, and it's sideways.

You pile good times up in a cart not a card, stupid. Everyone knows that.

Fine, miss the draft, I'm sure a one Jason Ciriacks wouldn't mind getting back into the fold. You and your unannounced weddings disgust me.
 
Shotgunning is a lot like gambling. They make a good thing better. Of course I'm referring to marriage and beer. Ok, maybe just the beer.
 
Hey, what's with this not being able to call in? Just because I'm not able to be there I'm out of the league? This is an outrage! Whenever the draft will be, I will take the time to be there via telephone.

Don't you guys want to take my money anymore?
 
It's either Spike or the League. What's it gonna be? The only acceptable excuses for missing the draft from here on out will be 1)death, 2) coma 3) Your new girlfriend Jessica Alba wants to go apple picking that weekend.

That's the abbreviated list for now.
 
The guy becomes a pig wrestling champion and now shit runs on his clock. You pre-madonnas are all the same.
 
You dirty sob! Are all of the owners actually going to be in Chicago for that weekend, or are there others calling in?


By the way, what the hell is a Cherizo, and why is it running with the other sausages?
 
A Cherizo, from what I gather, is a rat-based tubed meat that is wrapped in a spicey casing. It's origin is somewhere in Mexico, and they taste horrible.

Put it this way, Hot Pocket refuses to use Cherizo as one of their flavors and they'll stuff anything in their product.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?