Thursday, August 17, 2006

 

Draft #137

We are currently more than halfway through the year 2006. For those of us who graduated from high school in the year 2000, this is a scary thought. Well, maybe it's scarier for those of us who haven't settled into a career just yet. Soon it will be 2007, the Packers will have just completed another horrid season, you will have already blown the $3 your aunt Mildred gave you for Christmas, and it will then be only three more years until your niche into society is to be officially carved, at least according to most high school yearbooks that is. I recently had the opportunity to peruse through the yearbook of my neighbor Kyle who also graduated in 2000, but from a little known high school in Germsheim, Alabama. To me, it's always enjoyable to see what people envision themselves doing in the future as they try to answer the age old question, "What do you see yourself doing in 10 years?"

Here's what a few of Kyle's classmates had to say:

Carl- Ah shoot, ten years? I'll be what, 33 years old then. Hopefully I won't be in jail. That'd be nice. If I ain't in jail then I'd like to have a home by then, yeah, that'd be real nice. And if my dog Skeets is dead, then hopefully I'll have a new dog by then, yeah, that'd be awesome. Hell it's my dream ain't it? Might as well get two dogs. I mean dang, two is better than one ain't it? I'll name em Skeeters and Skats, ah hell yeah! Two dogs! Woo woo! Life. Is. Bitchin!

Erika- Like it matters? Principal Flundeigh thinks I'm a dip rod anyway. He says I'm dumber than a sack of postcards. It's true. He says it all the time. He says even if I applied myself, the best I could become is a manager down at the stupid factory. The stupid factory? Who says that to a student? I hate principal Flundeigh. I hate him. He's such an ass!

Steve- In ten years I aspire to be a photographer for Hustler magazine. Anything short of that can be considered nothing more than an absolute failure. Ever since I saw my first naked lady in the 4th grade, I knew that's what I wanted to do. The only problem is that it's hard to find subjects to fill up your portfolio. Trust me, I've raided every YMCA locker room from here to Tuskalooska, and I'm starting to run out of real estate due to the numerous restraining orders that are currently out against me, but I'll make it, I just have to.

Ricky- Shit I don't know. But I'm gonna be great though. My daddy was great, and his daddy has even greater. Nobody tosses a pigskin quite like Ricky Shaliver, nobody. I threw 45 touchdowns in 2 varsity seasons. I didn't even know what football was until somebody came up to me before my junior year and was like, "Damn Ricky, if you can throw a chair clear across a bar, imagine how far you can throw a football?" I was like, "Shit I don't know, but I bet it's pretty damn far."

Julie- What will I be doing in 10 years? I'm not sure WHAT I'll be doing, but whatever it is, it better be hot and not getting fat. Just kidding Ronnie, you know Pooky loves ya.

Scott- I'll be working in an additive/preservative testing plant making an honest living as a human guinea pig. And assuming the side effects are mild, I will also be driving a cab in the big city on the weekends. Ah who am I kidding, the side effects won't even have to be mild, they let anyone drive a taxi cab. I've always wanted to be a cab driver. They get to go everywhere and don't even have to shower before a shift.

Diego- Assuming my internship application with Cesar Millan gets accepted, I to, will become a dog whisperer. And with all due respect to Mr. Millan, I will become the greatest dog whisperer of all the dog whisperers who ever whispered. And when your dog develops a nasty habit of biting anyone who claps for more than three consecutive seconds, then you will call on me, Diego Montenegro, entrenador mas bueno!

Phil- I'll be living in the fast lane bro. In ten years I will have already become an Extreme Championship Wrestling champion (watch your ass Bam Bam Bigelow, I'm coming for ya). I will have already checked out of rehab for my well documented battle with alcoholism, and will be just about ready to set up my foundation for underprivileged kids with hepatitis A, B, D, and E. Not hepatitis C though, that's just nasty.

Comments:
I think I might have gone to the same school as Kyle. And I'm pretty sure Carl is my soulmate.
 
You mean your favorite meal is the two piece combo with baked beans at KFC? Carl loves that meal. Carl also wants to know if you are more of an original recipe type of a girl or an extra crispy?
 
Pretty much. And the original recipe is usually what I order, but every now and then I spring for the extra crispy, just to see how it compares.
 
Carl has already packed up the RV and is heading to Ohio. Just as a warning, Carl usually courts his desired mates with the gift of a coonskin cap and a box of Chicken in a Biskit crackers. He says these offerings warm even the coldest of souls. I'm so happy for you two!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?