Tuesday, October 24, 2006

 

Draft #157


Weekend Review

Friday: The evening began with some dinner at Joey Buona's with Adam, Amy, and Todd. The nice Italian restaurant had plenty of options to choose from on their menu, but the four of us decided to go with the "pizza party" family style meal. On the menu it states that this "pizza party" serves four or more people, but what they failed to communicate, was that the four people had better be longtime members of the "stretchy pants-holy shit you are the size of a house" committee. If you are among the rest of us that do not eat their meals with a shovel, then I wouldn't be ordering this "pizza party" without at least 6 or 7 hungry people at the table. How we came to the conclusion that a meal complete with two appetizers, two salads, two pizzas, and two desserts was something we were probably going to need, is beyond me. Oh yeah, that's right, it was my idea. In my defense, I didn't know that everything besides the pizzas was going to be served on a plate that stretched from elbow to elbow. And for the record, I hate the term "pizza party".

Once the dust finally settled, we not only had to ask for a doggy bag, but also a dolly to haul out the, not one, not two, but three doggy bags. We managed to finish the calamari, half the Italina style nachos, one of the salads, one pizza, and one of the desserts. It was a moment of shame I won't soon forget. FYI- they have the greatest chocolate cake I have ever eaten in my entire life. I'd describe it to you but you wouldn't believe me.

After the dinner of shame, it was off to the Pabst Theater for an evening of Brian Regan. If you've never heard of Brian Regan then I'd have to say that I actually feel sorry for you. He is a very funny comedian and we enjoyed his act immensely (eventhough there was a bit of a lull in the middle where it became obvious that he was trying new material). Check out his site to see what he's all about at http://www.brianregan.com/.

After the show, we stopped back at my place to try and cram more food in our pieholes eventhough none of us were hungry.

Saturday: The co-ed football squad suffered our 2nd loss of the season, and it wasn't nice outside, and to make an uneventful story even shorter, Haus and I were passed out drunk by 6pm. We're pretty sure Kurt gave us a ride home, but neither of us remembers where he parked, who sat in the front or back of his jeep, and neither of us remembers what was said on the way home. It was officially my first blackout experience. Adam and I finished off the night by watching Saturday Night Live (the most basic of all measures for how bad your night may be going) and a Dave Chappelle standup act on Comedy Central. And according to 92% of the advertisements during this time slot, it was made abundantly clear that girls are going wild. They are going wild indoors, at the beach, and even in outer space. Luckily, I have a Girls Gone Wild filter installed in my front door so I won't ever have to worry about being attacked by one of these rowdy co-eds. If you don't have one of these filters I strongly suggest you have one installed today so you don't wind up in a shower, handcuffed, all soapy, crying, because a young college freshman named Angie won't stop going wild on you. Fortunately I've never found myself in that predicament, but I hear it can be quite traumatizing.

Sunday: Just a nice relaxing day. Haus and I got to hang out with Todd, Amy, and Landon for a day of football, drool, and manual labor. The Packers picked up the big win against the vaunted Miami Dolphins this particular delightful Sunday afternoon (put that in your pipe Mr. Crackityjonez) and what better way to celebrate the victory than by helping your sister rake some leaves? I have to say, that Landon (aka Patches- the nickname I gave him due to his spotty hair growth) is one of the cutest 4-month-year-old whipper snappers on this side of the prime meridian. His only downfall is the 24 gallons of drool this kid emits on a bi-hourly basis, but I'll take that any day of the week over having a nephew with 5 arms. Sure, you're probably one of those people who'd say that you'd be fine having a five-armed nephew, but when push came to shove, you'd probably shun him. And hey, I wouldn't blame you, that's why the Ringling Brothers invented the circus.

Comments:
Thanks again Kurt for the ride home. And only a complete moron would throw-up in/on/or around your jeep, on a freeway exit or in a George Webb's parking lot.
 
Would a complete moron throw up hanging out the door of a coach bus in the parking lot of Alpine Valley?
 
I think there's a picture of it in the dictionary.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?