Thursday, November 30, 2006

 

Draft #167


Hucklebuck presents: The Traveling Alcoholic

I don't smoke
I don't hit elderly women
I don't trust anyone with a mustache
I don't wear socks two at a time unless it's cold outside
I (apologetically) do not recognize Memorial Day properly
I don't go around exposing my unmentionables to complete strangers

But!........However......I do likes to drink!

Now I may not be the most talented consumer of alcohol around, but I enjoy the art nonetheless.

And today I'd like to share with you a list of the 100 bars I have visited in my 5 years of drinking experience.

First , a few rules:

1) I had to be able to remember the name of the bar, or at least have the ability to figure out what the name of the bar was in the case I had forgotten it. Example: There were a few bars in Kansas City that I don't remember the names of so they didn't make the list. I also didn't remember any of the names of the bars I visited while in Chicago with Filzen, but Nate was kind enough to provide the names of the places we visited in the comment section of that's weekend's blog entry, so they made the list.

2) I had to of consumed an alcoholic beverage in the establishment in order for it to officially make the list. Examples: I've been inside of Rosie's on Water St. and Wolski's on the East side but never had a drink at either place, so they didn't make the list.

3) Each entry on the list is a seperate building. Name change's do not count as a double entry.

4) Any of the establishment's listed does not have to be just a bar. Some are more restaurant than bar. Some are bowling alleys while other's contain live forms of entertainment. As long as the establishment contains a bar, it made the list.

100 bars and counting:

Milwaukee:

Marquette campus: Murphy's, Caffrey's, The Annex, Hegarty's, Angelo's Pizza

East Side: Can's, Axel's, Judge's, BBC's, Paddy's Pub, Shank Hall, Harry's Bar & Grill

Downtown: Buffalo Wild Wings, Fitzgibbon's, Taylor's, Press Room, McGillicuddy's, Brothers, Buckhead Saloon, Brew City, The Corner, Mel's, Have a Nice Day Cafe, Buck Bradley's, Safe House, Mo's Irish Pub, Game Time, Miller Time Pub, The Lodge, Sweeny's, Tangerine, Old German Beer Hall, Applebee's, Rock Bottom Brewery, Water St. Brewery, Victor's, Milwaukee Comedy Club, County Claire, Bar Louie, Benihana, Zim's, Ale House, Lakefront Brewery, Velvet Room, Turner Hall, Lucille's Piano Bar

The rest of Milwaukee and surrounding area:

Slim McGinn's, Kelly's Bleachers, Cassidy's, Long Wong's, Balisteri's, Fitz's, Walker's Pint, Club Paradise, Timer's, Fat Daddy's, The Chancery, Leff's Luckytown, Colonel Hart's, Club Tap, The Mob Scene, Airport Lounge

Madison: State St. Brats, The Nitty Gritty, The Great Dayne, State Bar & Grill, Coach's, Pooley's

West Bend: Games, Brazen Head, Three Old Guys, Riverside Brewery, The Bagg End, Heileman's Tavern, Silver Lake Inn, Binkery, Emily's, Weilands, Charcoal Grill

Falls/Germantown/Mequon: Giggle's Comedy Club, Sports Corner, Trysting Place, Barley Pop, Bub's, Rich's Steakhouse, Damon's Sports Bar

Slinger: MJ Steven's, Patty O's, Slinger House

Jackson/Cedarburg: Morton's, Jail House

Newburg: McCarthy's

Hartford: The Mineshaft

Kewaskum: PJ Magoo's

Green Bay: Andruzzi's

Chicago: Champ's, Kincade's, Joe's, John Barleycorn, Gamekeepers, ESPN Sportszone

Kansas City: Chappelle's


Pittsburgh: High Tops

Detroit: Hockeytown Cafe

Windsor: Studio 4

Projected visit's by 2009 if still in business:

-The Harp
-Rosie's
-Wolski's
-Muggles
-Benders
-The High Hat
-Monday's
-Pizza Man
-Flannery's
-Major Goolsby's
-Bayou

Comments:
I am honored to have attended many of these fine establishments with you and look forward to joining you on your 2007 quest
 
I couldn't figure out how to spell "Beer Schtoobie?" Otherwise I would have thrown that one on the list as well.

Who got snowed in today?
 
So then I guess it should be 101 bars. I have attended 26 (I think) of those bars with you at some point.

By the way, the bucks tickets for the 12th came today and our seats are in section 216, row M seats 13 and 14
 
So you're like the cause of 25% of my alcoholism. Shame on you Nate, shame on you.

Those tickets are titty fresh.
 
[url=http://sopriventontes.net/][img]http://tonoviergates.net/img-add/euro2.jpg[/img][/url]
[b]cheap software developers, [url=http://tonoviergates.net/]office software discounts[/url]
[url=http://tonoviergates.net/]xp software for sale[/url] 4 Pro Mac free kaspersky internet security 2009 activation code
cheap engineering software [url=http://sopriventontes.net/]software to buy and[/url] coreldraw x4 traing
[url=http://sopriventontes.net/]sell my software on[/url] microsoft frontpage software
[url=http://tonoviergates.net/]windows academic software[/url] office professional software
you buy photoshop [url=http://sopriventontes.net/]academic discount software[/url][/b]
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?