Friday, January 19, 2007

 

Draft #178


Freestyle Fridays (Where the only thing that smells worse than the writing is the writer)

-The song "Lips of an Angel" by Hinder was in danger of being overplayed about three weeks ago.

-I've overheard a lot of girls lately claiming that they're bringing sexy back. And while that may be partially true, part of me wonders who decided to beat sexy in the face repeatedly with a burlap sack full of nickels before bringing said sexy back. If that's sexy, then maybe sexy should be left wherever it's been hiding before you decided to bring it back.

-Question. Does anybody here have any doubts as to whether I can eat 40 Chicken McNuggets in one hour? If you do, please put your money down on the table and I will prove you wrong. Any time, any place. (Although I'd prefer it to be on a Friday after work when I am usually the hungriest) If the 20 McNuggets I ate in 10 minutes last week is any indication, I've got what it takes to be a slob and then some.

-I was walking in the parking lot at Hart Park yesterday morning and noticed a large vehicle resembling a dump truck heading in my direction. I decided to step to the side so the truck had plenty of room to pass, and as the truck was passing I decided to stand there like a goon and wave to the driver like any friendly person would do. Since I was looking at the driver to see if he would respond to my wave, I failed to notice that he was driving a salt truck and I almost took a few salt rocks to the old eye socket. The salt ended up just hitting me in the temple and I'm very glad that I didn't have to have shards of salt forcefully removed from the interworkings of my extraocular muscles.

-A new season of American Idol is underway and I could be less interested.

-If you haven't been to Sal's pizzeria in downtown West Bend yet, please do. That's damn good pizza. If you like things that are big and floppy, Sal's will not disappoint.

-Rashida Jones, the actress that plays Karen Filippelli on NBC's The Office, is the daughter of Quincy Jones. I did not know that....till now. And I am more than relieved that Dwight Schrute is back. His absence from the show would have been a complete catastrophe.

-Sometimes I wonder about what percentage of men have actually closed fist punched another man in the face in their lifetime. That looks like it would hurt from both perspectives. I'm thinking it's in the 30-40% range, but I could be wrong though.

-I've always thought that one of the greatest marketing gurus of my generation was the guy who would fly a plane over County Stadium during games with a Heartbreakers advertisement banner flapping in the wind behind him. He probably thought to himself, guys like baseball, guys like boobs, why not fly a plane over the stadium and let them know where they can find boobs. Genius.

-I would just like to take a moment to thank every teacher who ever let us correct our own quizzes or homework assignments. You're the best.

-I spent an afternoon this week listening to Jimmy Buffett songs on the internet. I think I'm slowly turning the corner people, slowly.

-Is putting steak sauce on your steak really that big of a crime? Some people view A1 sauce as grafiti, like you're better off dipping the steak in toilet water before each bite. Not sure I quite understand.

-In case you haven't realized it, both Febtoberfest and St. Patrick's Day fall on a Saturday this year. I'd suggest you exercise your liver in advance so it doesn't go into complete shock.

-You're in the middle of your fantasy baseball draft and you are forced to take either Ryan Howard or Derek Lee with your next pick, who do you draft?

-And......I officially have writer's block. Hopefully next week's performance won't be so rusty. Until then, smile, laugh, drink, and aim for the pink. Or shoot for the stars, whatever motivates you.

Comments:
Another Parrothead is born...............and unless your ordering steak at Ponderosa, you never, under any circumstances, drown a succulent hunk of red meat under some masking agent. I ever catch you doing that and I will join the 30-40% of men who have punched another man in the face with a closed fist.
 
Wow, I never knew a condiment could cause so much hostility. But despite your threats I will continue to drown my steaks and steak related products in a sea of A1 sauce, secret stadium sauce, or whatever other Jackaroo type concoction that would assist in the lubing of my meat. I could thing of nothing worse than having to choke down a dry piece of meat. On one hand I guess I could adhere to your warnings and fall in line, but I think I'll choose to live life the way it was meant to be lived....with a ring of sauce around my mouth.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?