Friday, February 23, 2007

 

Draft #184


Freestyle Fridays (No sudden moves please)

-The season of Lent is upon us and I for one will be making more than just your ordinary red meated sacrifice. This Lent I will give up the following:

*kicking midgets
*menthol cigarettes
*super unleaded gasoline
*Tae Bo
*any of the salads from Wendy's or McDonalds
*donuts with sprinkles
*graphing calculators
*the Game Show Network
*Hot Pockets
*Lean Pockets
*psychedelic mushrooms
*AM radio
*any general sense of elation
*marshmallows
*cruise control
*tooth picks
*raspberry flavored bubble gum
*bubble baths
*all Burt Reynold's movies before 1991
*the use of the words "bunyon" and "gyroscope"
*crosswalks
*aluminum foil
*polyester
*The View
*and anything Carson Daly related

It will no doubt be a trying time for yours truly, but with your help I think I will make it.

-Here is a list of bands that have had the rug on their road to success pulled right out from under them:

*The Backavenue Guys
*97 Degrees
*The Peach Boys
*Totz II Gents
*Oyster Jelly
*Rob Seger and the Golden Bullet Band
*The Rolling Scones
*Rig and Bich

-A couple of Febtoberfest notes:

*Ben Alger won the award for most socially awkward moment (that I can remember) when he stared down that lady singing karaoke at DeMarini's. This scenario reminded me of the Will Ferrell (cowbell) skit where he was slowly banging on his cowbell while staring at a fellow band member who had a problem with Will's exuberant cowbell skills. Ben was standing a foot away from this complete stranger of a (middle aged) woman while she was trying to sing her song, and he must of stood there for at least half the song, if not more, with this "I am probably going to kill you immediately after you are done singing" type look on his face. To this lady's credit, she continued on through her song without even flinching. If there was ever a time I wanted to get into someone's head to hear what they were thinking, this was it. The thoughts racing through her head had to of been absolutely priceless. Kudos to you Ben, you created a memory.

*And in case you were wondering.....yes......Big Naked Nate did make an appearance. Four people were rendered paralized in the process.

-Why is Buffalo Wild Wings referred to as BW3? Shouldn't it be called BW2? Or Buffalo Wild Wild Wings? If anyone can steer me towards the light on this issue that would be greatly appreciated.

-Yesterday I was at my parent's house and during dinner my dad lifted up his pant leg to show me the hideous marks he had on his ankle due to an accident at work. To me, it looked like a German Shepherd had been gnawing on his leg for an entire afternoon but he claimed it was all due to a mild chemical reaction. I can't exactly explain how it happened because when he talks about anything mechanical/car/machine/or plumbing related it mostly sounds like Japanese to me because he's so gifted with fixing things and I'm completely useless. But I do remember hearing the words gasket and pvc piping. He was rotating something and something started leaking and water got into his boot and the water had contained some sort of chemical in it and he didn't even notice he was burned until 2 hours later. That's my dad, tough as nails. And this has been another installment of.....My Dad is Tougher Than Your Dad.

-Since I'm a contractor (a temporary employee) I spend most of my day working with protractors.

-One of the protractors in my department claims that pizza never really became popular until the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movies came out in the late 80's/early 90's. Naturally I was stunned and confused trying to even imagine a world where pizza wasn't very popular.

-Two places I come close to having panic attacks:

*when I'm at the register at the grocery store and I have a shitload of groceries and a line behind me.
*when I'm in any buffet line struggling with whatever item I'm trying to pick up with a set of tongs.

In both instances it feels like everyone around me is breathing down my neck and I wish I could just backhand the nearest person across the face and scream out, "I'll be done in a second damn it, just get off my ass already!!" I guess this would be classified as a mental problem.

-Did you ever think about what it would be like to have a tracking device on you and how boring it would be for the person who was doing the tracking. I'd feel sorry for that guy, in my case anyway. I'm not much of a mover or a shaker. If I'm not sitting on a couch, a toilet, a car seat, at my work desk, or in bed, something's gone wrong.

-During the last Phoenix Suns game I watched, announcer Dan Majerle was screaming, "Mom.....the Meatloaf!!!! while the game was breaking to commercial. I don't know why he was screaming that line but all I do know is that he is becoming one of my favorite analysts.

-Before I send you all off for the weekend my friend Tim Hardaway has something he'd like to say:
"Real Wisconsin Cheese is the best. While happy cows may come from California, statistics have shown that 45% of California cows are indeed gay which means that eating Real California Cheese could make you gay as well so make sure to only eat Real Wisconsin Cheese."

Comments:
Originally called Buffalo Wild Wings & Weck, from which the abbreviation BW3 was created. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buffalo_Wild_Wings
 
Jaime- Thanks gumshoe!! This information will make for a great conversation starter somewhere down the line with a disinterested female counterpart I'm sure.

BMA- Everyone who's seen the picture of the shirt you gave Nate for Febtoberfest was riddled with jealousy. Nice work.
 
First of all, BNN did NOT make an appearance. That was only Half Naked Nate. BNN will not be making any appearances in 2007. *Actually, BNN showed up the morning after Febtoberfest, but it was in my own room, so that doesn' count.
Second, the line, "mom...meatloaf!"
is from Wedding Crashers when Will Ferrel's character is yelling at his mom for meatloaf.
I will send you the picture of BMA looking like a psycho killer and you can post it for all to see
 
1) I know where the meatloaf line comes from, I just don't know why a basketball announcer would be screaming it in the middle of a broadcast while they are breaking to commercial.

2)As far as BNN, I was referring to the morning after, and I'm pretty sure I saw ALL of BNN. May explain all the vomitting I did later that morning.
 
Anybody doing anything special for the Wisconsin/OSU game on Sunday?
 
Ah, I see, makes sense. I will be driving back from Iowa and listening to the game on my radio. Maybe I could call you and put you on speaker for the entire game so it's like we're listening to/ watching it together
 
Sounds like a terrible idea.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?