Monday, March 19, 2007

 

Draft #187


Weekend Review

This edition of the Weekend Review will probably read more like a Freestyle Friday entry since I spent every waking second of Thursday through Sunday parked on a couch watching college basketball and drinking beer. I didn't venture out anywhere so the events of the extended weekend all seem blurred together and I don't know what happened when.

-After spending three straight days in the company of Mr. Parker I am now some what familiar or better acquainted with the following:

*half the script to Blazing Saddles
*anything to do with a husker
*a frosty walrus
*the Cleveland Steamer
*a dirty sanchez
*meat curtains
*the University of Memphis Cheerleaders
*places to put your fingers
*why he likes his steaks pink on the inside
*a boilermaker
*a heater
*a death stick
*manhole covers
*anything to do with vodka and gambling

-I learned about the White Shadow and Warren Coolidge.

-Apparently through the course of 5-10 pickup basketball games in the late 80's and early 90's Troy Graven had approximately 578 of his shots blocked by Tom Fechter. And in convincing fashion mind you.

-Nothing kills a party quite like 321 rounds of Texas Hold'em. I can't overstate how much I absolutely loath the game of poker. I'd like to give a big F-U to the river, the flop, the blind, the dealer, the pocket ace and the pot he rode in on.

-The Sawmill Inn in Richfield, Wisconsin. Home of the largest sausages in town. Drop the name Graven and your meal will be comped. Don't ask. It's a long story.

-If you can find something more addicting than cheese popcorn I'd like to see it.

-Etiquette Lesson #104: When a friend's wife makes enough enchilada's to feed a group of twenty men it is not polite to say to that friend, "Hey Frank, your wife's enchilada tastes great!" while giggling like a school girl.

-In regards to Pride, a film about the first ever African American swim team, I'm pretty sure I liked that movie the first time I watched it when it was called Cool Runnings.

-I'm not issuing this as a threat, but if Troy Graven decides that he will be unable to attend this year's fantasy baseball draft then his healthy achilles tendon better sleep with one eye open. The only acceptable excuse for missing the draft better have the words "internal" and "bleeding" in it.

-Apparently everybody I know is a huge fan of Billy Packer. I think it's his upbeat spirit they find captivating.

-I'm not sure what would upset Pat Graven more......A stranger walking up to him on the street calling him a douche bag as he spat in his face or.... CBS cutting away from a Wisconsin Badger game during the NCAA tournament in the final 5 minutes of a close game. All I know is that the latter sequence tends to set him off into a fit of rage that would be best described as "borderline homicidal". I'd hate to be whomever has to read CBS's incoming mail within the next few weeks.

-Tyler Hansbrough's performance in the first two rounds of the NCAA tournament reminds me a bit of my scoring binge in the 8th grade Peace Hartford Invitational......nothing short of amazing.

-Note to self: Do not, I repeat, Do not dislocate your elbow. The elbow was designed to do certain things and flailing in the wind like a wet noodle wasn't one of them. Yikes.

-Sunday Night wrap up

Full Tank of gas to get you back to Milwaukee: $27.00
Gallon of milk for cereal: $3.00
Liter of Aquafina for work: $1.50
Coming home to find out your new roommate has a 42'' HDTV that confirms without a shadow of a doubt that heaven actually exists: Priceless!!!

-Pat- Thanks for housing the crew this weekend. We appreciate the hospitality.

Comments:
you missed "the nappy dugout" on your list
 
My apologies for the massive oversight.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?